Thanks for buying a beautiful piece of SilverBoo Jewellery, I hope that you love it! Now for the boring bit; as you know, all jewellery benefits from regular cleaning and careful handling, so here are a few tips to help keep your SilverBoo Jewellery piece in perfect condition.
Our Care Advice
It is important to realise that precious metals are delicate, soft and malleable, therefore snapping or bending can occur with careless treatment. So, for example, be careful when putting your jewellery on and removing it, and be wary of catching it or damaging it by dropping your piece.
I'd always recommend being mindful of any activities or factors that could put particular strain on the jewellery, these could include participating in sport, taking a bath, or wearing to bed.
Exposure to moisture, bath salts, fake tan as well creams (like sun block or after-sun), perfumes, body-spray and makeup can all encourage tarnish to build up over time. Tarnish can also develop over time when jewellery is left stored touching other items of jewellery.
There are a few methods to help combat tarnish on your jewellery, one option is to purchase a Silver Polishing Cloth which you will be able to find in-store or here in the shop section of this site. If you don't want to do this I suggest you clean your jewellery regularly in mild soapy water, using a soft toothbrush to gently polish.
Finally, try to avoid running charms back and forth across your chain or bangle as it will wear the silver and eventually weaken them. When wearing cuffs and bangles try to avoid bending or stretching them when putting them on or taking them off. Unfortunately if damage occurs due to wear and tear an item cannot be replaced, although I am able to make repairs for a small fee.
A Few Suggestions
- Do put your jewellery on last when dressing as perfume, hair and body sprays can tarnish silver.
- Do clean carefully and regularly to avoid the build up of tarnish and grime on your silver jewellery.
- Do wear your jewellery often - your silver and gold will become a richer colour and more beautiful the more it is worn, and the more it becomes a part of your everyday!
- Don't do the washing up or household cleaning whilst wearing your jewellery, as the chemicals found in cleaning products can cause silver to tarnish.
- Don't just sling your piece into your jewellery box, be careful as you put it away as jewellery will get scratched and will tarnish when stored touching other jewellery.
- Don't swim in your jewellery as the chlorine can cause silver to tarnish.